Stephen Ministers Are Equipped to Meet the Needs of People
What is Stephen Ministry ?
Watch this Video to Learn more.
Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with confidential, one-to-one Christian care you may need to make it through a crisis or to help you through a difficult time.
A Stephen Minister is :
- A caring Christian who listens carefully and reflectively.
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs.
- A trustworthy confident who will keep everything you say -- even your--identity--confidential.
A Stephen Minister is not :
- A counselor or therapist.
- A problem solver.
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores.
- A casual visitor.
If you would like for a Stephen Minister to call on you, a loved one , or a friend, please contact Stephen Leader Steven Phillips at (941) 955-8119 ext. 124 or our Faith Community Nurse, Cheryl Track at (941) 955-8119 ext. 113. If you would like to learn more about the Stephen Ministry program at First Presbyterian Church, Please send an email to info@FirstPresSarasota.org. For more information about Stephen Ministry, please visit their website at www.stephenministries.org
Click on the pictures below to watch a couple of amazing stories from individuals who share what is has meant for them to receive care from a Stephen Minister